Beijing Administration Office of Laboratory Animal (the ¡°Office¡±), formerly known as Beijing Administration Office Committee of Laboratory Animal, is an independent legal entity approved by Beijing Municipal People¡¯s Government and affiliated to Beijing Municipal Science & Technology Commission (the ¡°Commission¡±). Pursuant to Administration Regulations on Laboratory Animals of Beijing Municipality passed by the Standing Committee of Beijing Municipal People's Congress: the Administrative Department of Beijing Municipal Science and Technology, namely the Commission, is in charge of the administration of laboratory animals and providing funds to support scientific research. Under the leadership of the Administrative Department of Beijing Municipal Science and Technology, the Office is responsible for the daily administration and supervision of the laboratory animals. As a standing organization, the Office also has obligations to secretory works of Beijing Administration Committee of Laboratory Animal and Beijing Specialists Committee of Laboratory Animal. Its major responsibilities include:
1. Conduct executive law-enforcement work according to Administration Regulations on Laboratory Animals, Administration Regulations on Laboratory Animals of Beijing and other relevant regulations.
2. Assist the Committee in managing licenses of the laboratory animals of Beijing.
3. Take charge of quality management of the laboratory animals and related products, examination of the professionals and issuance of the certifications within the territory of Beijing.
4. Manage the training of the quality supervisors team, quality detection workers, professionals working with the laboratory animals, administration of the research projects, barrier facilities management, and training base of the laboratory animals within Beijing territory.
5. File the licenses of the national laboratory animals, manage the national scientific research projects of the laboratory animals and manage Beijing Image Station of the national laboratory animals information website.
6. Conduct daily work of Beijing Administration Office Committee of Laboratory Animal and its specialists committee.
7. Construct, maintain and manage the Beijing laboratory animals information platform.
8. Make suggestions on laboratory animals to the Commission and the Ministry of Science and Technology, assume or participate in the research projects of the laboratory animals organized by the Commission and the Ministry of Science and Technology, according to the requirements of the scientific development.
9. Carry out academic exchange activities, promote the self-discipline within the sector and strengthen international cooperation.
10. Actively organize and finish other tasks assigned by leaders.